DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
AntonyTalor
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:26:24 AM(UTC)
AntonyTalor

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Let's share here the experience of deal with the billing paperwork? Some personal tips, nuances, etc.

1 user thanked AntonyTalor for this useful post.
courtneydsnow on 9/27/2017(UTC)
SamantaS
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 3:22:43 AM(UTC)
SamantaS

Originally Posted by: AntonyTalor Go to Quoted Post
Let's share here the experience of deal with the billing paperwork? Some personal tips, nuances, etc.

Create and maintain a list of denied and rejected claims. Once you face a denied claim again you can check the reason from your list and make necessary corrections
 1 user thanked SamantaS for this useful post.
courtneydsnow on 9/28/2017(UTC)
Kooper123
#3 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 7:17:27 AM(UTC)
Kooper123

I've been working in medicine for 5 years. Just like you I scanned many forums, blogs, articles, etc., to find out how to avoid my claims being denied/rejected. There are definitely some helpful tips as with the list, but many are not. I used to manage my claims and waste a lot of time having perfect results with a zero denials. However, once I understood that this took too much time and decided to try what could professional medical billing services provide me. Since then I never do it by myself. So here's the tip: use medical billing services and save your time.
AntonyTalor
#4 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 2:18:37 AM(UTC)
AntonyTalor

Could you clarify how's the information transferred, how does it work? I've also heard of such companies, but won't they make it even more complicated?
Kooper123
#5 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 4:02:18 AM(UTC)
Kooper123

courtneydsnow
#6 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 8:55:18 AM(UTC)
courtneydsnow

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
When choosing an outsourced medical billing company for a dental practice, we have found over the years from client feedback that it is extremely important to choose a company that has experience working with dental practices. There are several options out there, but be weary of companies that have only worked with physicians.

Nierman Practice Management (NPM) has worked with dental practices since 1988, dental practices have always been NPM's focus. Here is a link to some additional information on NPM's outsourced medical billing service for dental practices: https://niermanpm.com/dental-medical-billing-services

And to answer your question, our billing service makes it easy to communicate by setting up a remote connection into your DentalWriter software, so you don't have to fax loads of paperwork back and forth as many outsourced medical billing companies require. The practice simply enters the patient's information into the software, shoots off a request to the billing service to complete the benefit check, pre-authorization, gap waiver, claim filing, etc, and your account manager taps right into your system to gather the information needed to process the request.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply