DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 10:44:10 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I am being prepped for 2 implants on my left side. I have no capability to chew on that side as I have lost 2 teeth on top and 1 tooth on the bottom and no teeth meet for chewing purposes. My dental office did a CT scan of both jaws but say they do not have the capability to bill medical procedures, yet they perform the CT scan in office. I am looking for a CPT code and diagnosis code as my insurance carrier said I could send them a bill with a filled out claim form. This is very frustrating because the dental office did not inform me of this issue.
courtneydsnow
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2017 8:01:19 AM(UTC)
courtneydsnow

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hi Guest!

No problem I am happy to help as much as possible. And yes many medical insurers will offer a claim form that patients can use, it is generally easier to complete than the standard medical claim that health professionals use, called the CMS1500. Just be sure to get an itemized bill from your dentist, and any documentation/records from your visit is generally helpful as well for when you submit the claim.

As for the procedure code for the CT scan - do you know if it was a "cone beam" CT scan?

As for the diagnosis code(s), I can offer you some coding options but I encourage you to verify the choices with your dentist. In order to select the appropriate code(s) - I will need a little bit more information:

The teeth you lost - what is the reason they were lost? (i.e. trauma, periodontal disease, caries, something else, or unknown?)

Is the inability to chew the only issue, or is there any pain?

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply