DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:30:17 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I am trying to send a pre auth through dental writer. I watched a video from your site of how to do it but I do not have the pre auth button that it shows
courtneydsnow
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:47:59 AM(UTC)
courtneydsnow

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hi guest!

No problem, if you'd like picture instruction, feel free to send an e-mail to training@dentalwriter.com and we will send you instructions with screenshots. Otherwise, here are typed instructions to generate a pre-authorization in DentalWriter:

You can generate a claim marked as a pre-authorization in your DentalWriter software by following the steps below. Make sure to include a copy of your DentalWriter narrative report and any other important documents (i.e. prescription from physician, copy of sleep study report, etc) with your pre-authorization request when you send it in.
Most insurers prefer pre-authorization requests to be submitted by fax or mail - you can usually find the fax number or mailing address on the insurers website, or simply ask them the best way to submit a pre-authorization request when you are checking the patient's benefits!

To make a pre-authorization claim in DW:

First, open the claim form in DW and ensure any codes you want to pre-authorize are listed on the claim form. Click the “print” button located at the top of the claim. In the window that appears, choose the pre-authorization request there, and choose pre-authorization from the dropdown box (pre-authoization requsts do not need to be printed onto an original/authentic claim form, so you can use the "blank paper" option), then click the "print" button at the bottom of the window.

A prompt will appear asking if you want to mark the claim as a pre-auth, click yes.

Your print preview will appear, and you will see the word "pre-authorization" in place of the dates of service. Click the print icon at the top of the window to select the appropriate printer.

Then if you go back into the claim later, you will see that check box in the upper left hand corner of the claim labeled “pre-authorization".

If you want to convert that pre-auth into a billable claim, you’ll be able to uncheck it when ready to do so.

Hope this helps!
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 11:49:34 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Thank you for this information. Another question related to this - I received a prior authorization back that was denied due to no service date. How can a prior have a service date? I read through the claim and it clearly states it is a prior. Please help!!
mbrzezinski
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 4:33:57 PM(UTC)
mbrzezinski

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Guest!
I would call the insurer and verify they read the claim as a pre auth. I have seen where it is clearly marked and insurance reimburses for the service. It mostly likely is an error on the end of who read the claim.

Hope this helps!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply