DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.



New Topic Post Reply
#1 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2023 2:53:38 PM(UTC)

Rank: Guest

Joined: 9/8/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,459

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hello We have a patient who is requesting us to bill her medical ins. She fell while walking. She had to walk on the grass because the walkway was being repaired and she tripped and fell over a sprinkler hose. What ICD codes should we use to bill the extraction and implant to her medical insurance.

Thank you for your help.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2023 8:17:08 AM(UTC)

Rank: Administration

Joined: 11/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,732

Thanks: 39 times
Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hi Lisa!

Here are some ICD-10 (diagnosis) coding options based on what you described:

The injury:
S02.5XXA - Fracture of tooth (traumatic), initial encounter for closed fracture S02.5XXB - Fracture of tooth (traumatic), initial encounter for open fracture

(if it was a fracture, let me know what damage was done to the tooth/teeth that led to the extraction and I can offer you some coding options)

If there was acute pain:
G89.11 - Acute pain due to trauma

The accident:
W01.0XXA - Fall on same level from slipping, tripping and stumbling without subsequent striking against object, initial encounter

Hope this helps!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply
Forum Jump  
You can post new topics in this forum.
You can reply to topics in this forum.
You can delete your posts in this forum.
You can edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You can vote in polls in this forum.