DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Saturday, April 6, 2024 5:09:46 PM(UTC)

Hi Courtney,

I was wondering if these same codes would work for me if I need full implants due to not having enough teeth to eat properly, have severe tooth decaying, with root canals, pulled teeth, cracked teeth, and painful teeth due to Crohn's disease, Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder, Psoriatic Arthritis, and Sjogren's Syndrome?

My prosdontist has warned me that trying to treat any of my remaining teeth would cause them to break/crumble because they all look like cottage cheese under x-ray due to all of the dental work I've had done to them over the years.

My only option is Full implants, we just need to know how to code the necessity and procedures for my medical insurance, who've been no help in figuring this out.

Anthem has replied saying they won't know what they can cover until I have the procedure done.

Any help would be life saving and changing.

Please stay safe,
ModelMomCA
courtneydsnow Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2023 9:46:06 AM(UTC)

Hi Guest!

D6010 - surgical placement of implant body: endosteal implant
can be cross coded to:
21248 - Reconstruction of mandible or maxilla, endosteal implant (eg, blade, cylinder); partial
21249 - Reconstruction of mandible or maxilla, endosteal implant (eg, blade, cylinder); complete

D6104 - bone graft at time of implant placement
Can be cross coded to:
21210 - Graft, bone; nasal, maxillary or malar areas (includes obtaining graft)
21215 - Graft, bone; mandible (includes obtaining graft)
**use modifier -52 for reduced services when bone is not obtained from patient

Hope this helps!
Guest Posted: Friday, June 2, 2023 10:55:50 AM(UTC)

I had a traumatic fall 3 years ago and lost 2 teeth. Thousands of dollars later...still undergoing care. Finally at the stage of implant/post then right into crowns 6 months after healing. newest codes need to convert to medical codes:
D6010, D6104.
Appreciate ANY help.

708-508-4116.

Thanks,
Veronica