DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2023 3:53:03 PM(UTC)

I need medical codes for D6010 and D9999
I have Sjögren’s Syndrome which causes very dry mouth.
Thank you Kathy T
Guest Posted: Monday, October 23, 2023 9:26:40 AM(UTC)

What would be the diagnosis code for IV sedation in oral surgery - codes D9222 and D9223
courtneydsnow Posted: Friday, March 19, 2021 11:25:44 AM(UTC)

Hi Guest!

D9239 - Intravenous moderate (conscious) sedation/anesthesia – first 15 minutes
If provided by the same provider performing the service, and patient is 5+ years, this can be crosscoded to:
Moderate sedation services provided by the same physician or other qualified health care professional performing the diagnostic or therapeutic service that the sedation supports, requiring the presence of an independent trained observer to assist in the monitoring of the patient’s level of consciousness and physiological status; initial 15 minutes of intraservice time, patient age 5 years or older

D5130 - immediate denture maxillary
D5140 - immediate denture - mandibular

The codes listed above do not have direct crosscodes we are aware of, so you can either bill the "D" code on the medical claim (many insurers these days will process "D" codes when they are medically necessary services), or you can try the CPT code below and include a narrative report describing the procedure:
41899 - Unlisted procedure, dentoalveolar structures

As for the diagnosis code(s) tThe diagnosis code(s) will depend on the patient's condition/symptoms - so in other words, why is the patient receiving the services? For example, if the patient was is a traumatic accident that caused the need for the denture, there's code for that. If you can provide me with some additional details i'd be happy to offer you some coding options.

Hope this helps!
Guest Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 11:09:30 AM(UTC)

Hey!

I am needing help with getting the Medical CPT & diagnosis codes for these Dental codes:

D9239
D5130
D5140

I really appreciate the help.

Thank you!!!