DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

akdental
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 3:37:49 PM(UTC)
akdental

I'm new to all of this, I just received my first payment yesterday. The patient has a secondary insurance and I'm not sure as to how to bill the secondary. My usual dental software automatically prints out the secondary. So how do I go about it through DentalWriters?

Thanks!
courtneydsnow
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 7:13:46 AM(UTC)
courtneydsnow

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hi akdental!

Great question. The secondary insurance information can be entered into the "insurance" tab in the patient's main chart by selecting "yes" to the first question in the upper right hand corner of the page, then entering the secondary insurance info into the fields that appear at the bottom of the screen. If this is done, the secondary insurance information will automatically generate onto your claim form into field 9 on the claim form, and "yes" will be automatically selected in field 11d of the claim form.

If the claim has already been created, the secondary information can be manually entered into field 9, and field 11d can be manually checked to yes.

Before submitting the secondary claim, you will want to make sure the primary claim processes through and you have a copy of the EOB from the primary to send along with the secondary claim as well.

If you would like one of our trainers to walk through this with you, please feel free to send an e-mail to training@dentalwriter.com and we will reach out to you to set up some time that we can tap right into your desktop and assist :)

Hope this helps, thanks!
 1 user thanked courtneydsnow for this useful post.
akdental on 1/5/2017(UTC)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply