DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
#1 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 6:46:08 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hi

I was wondering if you could help me out with a medical code? I am not able to find in any of the research I've done if there is a code for abutment and crown. (Dental codes D6057 and D6059) Is there a way to bill those codes to medical? If you could also send me the diagnosis codes that could be used, I would appreciate it.

I am also looking for diagnosis codes that could be used for 21210-52. I tried to submit that code along with diagnosis code 525.25 but it came back as invalid. Im not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

courtneydsnow
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:37:27 AM(UTC)
courtneydsnow

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hi Guest!

D6057 - custom fabricated abutment - includes placement
D6059 - abutment supported porcelain fused to metal crown (high noble metal)

The codes listed above do not have direct crosscodes we are aware of, so you can either bill the "D" code on the medical claim (many insurers these days will process "D" codes when they are medically necessary services), or you can try the CPT code below and include a narrative report describing the procedure:
41899 - Unlisted procedure, dentoalveolar structures

As for the diagnosis code for the above, that depends on the patient's condition! Basically - what is the condition/reason the services are being done. If you want to let me know what the issue was/is, i would be happy to help you located some diagnosis coding options.

As for the diagnosis code 525.25, that code used to stand for: Moderate atrophy of the maxilla
However, that was the ICD-9 diagnosis coding system. The ICD-10 coding system went into effect for dates of service on or after October 1, 2015. So, the new ICD-10 code you can use is:
K08.25 - Moderate atrophy of the maxilla

Here are the mild, moderate, and severe ICD-10 diagnosis codes for atrophy of the mandible and maxilla:
K08.21 - Minimal atrophy of the mandible
K08.22 - Moderate atrophy of the mandible
K08.23 - Severe atrophy of the mandible
K08.24 - Minimal atrophy of maxilla
K08.25 - Moderate atrophy of the maxilla
K08.26 - Severe atrophy of the maxilla

Hope this helps!
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 2:56:06 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the info and the quick reply. Do you provide some type of service for cross coding?
courtneydsnow
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 8:54:02 AM(UTC)
courtneydsnow

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hi guest!

Yes we do!

We have wonderful crosscoding seminars throughout the year, here is a link to our seminar schedule:
https://niermanpm.com/dental-continuing-education/schedule

We also offer memberships to our dental crosscode online. Please feel free to reach out to us at 800-879-6468 for more information on crosscode and the DentalWriter software.
#5 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 1:19:05 AM(UTC)

Message was deleted by a Moderator. | Reason: Not specified
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply