DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

MWD2015
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 7:13:11 AM(UTC)
MWD2015

What form should I use when a patient presents a month after sleep appliance delivery to help me evaluate if sleep apnea symptoms are better? Epworth or is there something different? Thanks
courtneydsnow
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 9:28:56 AM(UTC)
courtneydsnow

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hi MDW2015!

Great question. Repeating the epworth sleepiness scale during follow up appointments for oral appliance therapy for OSA to compare with previous epworth scale is definitely a common practice among sleep dentists. There are additional questions and exam items you may want to track as well, such as appliance use questions (i.e. does patient wear appliance every night? and TMD tenderness? etc, etc).

Using the Sleep Applinace Adjustment Follow Up Visit form in your DentalWriter patient chart is an excellent way to document this visit and make sure you are asking those questions.]

To get to the appliance adjustment follow up visit/form:

- open any patient chart in DW, click the yellow add a new visit button
- choose the sleep appliance adjustment follow up visit from the list of visits/forms by double clicking it
- complete any applicable items in tab 1 (patient questionnaire) and tab 2 (exam) to create your follow up reports and/or claim for the visit.

Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions!
 1 user thanked courtneydsnow for this useful post.
jerryhudsm on 12/6/2017(UTC)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply