DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2023 6:43:31 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hi, my dentist office gave me a quote for wisdom tooth removal (D7230,D7240) with anesthesia (D9222,D9223,D9219) and other shots while I'm under (D9612). They said they would submit the claim to both dental (Cigna) and medical (BCBS) after the procedure. Do they need to cross code the anesthesia and D9612 codes before sending to medical? And does medical typically pay first then dental? I found other threads on here for the cross codes already (tvym!)

Also, they said they wouldn't know what is covered and how much until after the procedure is completed. Is it possible to get per-authorization from insurance or does that vary depending on the dental office and insurance?
#2 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2023 10:22:44 PM(UTC)

Having the same issue with the same two insurances

Edited by user Monday, November 20, 2023 10:23:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Name change

MIU MEDICAL BILLING
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2023 3:32:42 PM(UTC)

Cross-coding: Not always necessary, depends on your specific medical plan. Contact Cigna to confirm.
Payment order: Typically, medical pays first for medically necessary procedures like anesthesia.
Pre-authorization: Yes, you can often get pre-authorization, but it depends on your dental office and insurance policy. Call both to clarify.
Remember, insurance policies can vary, so it's crucial to confirm specifics with Cigna and BCBS.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply