DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Kaiden
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:07:48 AM(UTC)
Kaiden

Long story short, I have a birth defect of which caused several of my teeth to grow in crooked and several more not to grow in at all. I was born with a mouth full of teeth and several were impacted at birth. By age 10 I lost all my enamel due the same defect and my teeth basically rotted.

Now I am 32 and at age 31 I attempted to have all of my teeth replaced with dentures, however; the dentist didn't tell me about several impacted teeth in my lower jaw and he tried to pull everything and ran into major complications. He pulled out about 5 impacted teeth that haven't even erupted yet and after that my lower jaw just collapsed, literally.. Then he left 4 impacted teeth in and because of them the dentures he gave me didn't work.

Now, my lower jaw has a HUGE gap in it, not like a tooth socket with bone loss, but the entire Jaw Bone is completely missing at the front of my jaw to the decree where I could just push my tongue straight to my lips. So essentially there is a left part of my jaw, then there's absolutely nothing, and then there's a right part of my jaw.. and I need serious bone grafting.

I have an attorney but he does not want to do anything till the work is done. Issue is, My Jaw can no longer support dentures without implants and its going to cost me $75,000 to have all of the work done. About $15,000 for the bone grafting and the rest for implants and implant supported dentures..

I "used" to have health insurance but my oral surgeon refuses to file it on them as they believe the claim will be denied. I no longer have health or dental insurance... If I were to get insurance is there any chance at all this could be covered? Also if not what are my options? I tried care credit already but was only approved for $700. If you believe there is a provider who CAN help me, who should I go for?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply