DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
#1 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 10:49:58 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hi there, i am ready to submit a claim to a patients medical insurance for a dental implant. Pt's chewing ability and jaw function has been compromised causing weight loss in my patient. I have everything ready to go for my claim except for fee schedule? and when i contact the insurance companies they say i must register my NPI # before they can discuss any kind of pricing. How do i know how much to bill to a certain insurance?
mbrzezinski
#2 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 12:03:38 PM(UTC)
mbrzezinski

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Guest!

We have a fee range in the CrossCode software. Go into DentalWriter. In the upper left hand corner you will see Tools. open that up and scroll down to CrossCode. Click on CrossCode. In the middle box of the CrossCode you will see listed the lCPT codes. You can set it for description or code number. Under that icon, you will see the notes/fee range. That is where you can find a fee range.

You can always try fair health consumer look up tool at http://fairhealthconsumer.org/. Here you can look for fee ranges based on your specific zip code

Hope this helps!
#3 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 1:11:21 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Thanks mbrzezinski, i tried what you suggested and there is no tools icon in the upper left hand corner. Can you be a little more specific?i also tried the link to fairhealthconsumer.org and no luck there as well.The price i bill the medical plan has to be a fee schedule rate doesn't it?
mbrzezinski
#4 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 1:15:20 PM(UTC)
mbrzezinski

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Guest!

If you are not in network with the ins. then you are not subject to a fee schedule.

When you launch CrossCode you should be able to search by CPT code. Once you search by code or description and then select notes you will see the fee range if it's posted. If you'd like to go over this information please give me a call at 800-879-6468 ext 1015.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
New Topic Post Reply