DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
courtneydsnow Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:39:09 AM(UTC)

Hi Guest!

Dental coding is not our forte like medical coding is, however here is a link to a helpful guide provided by the ADA with coding options for these types of procedures:

https://www.deltadentalco.com/uploadedFiles/ProviderFeeSchedules/DDCO_Par_Provider_Documents/CDT%202017_Code%20on%20Dental%20Proc_Nomenclature%20online.pdf

Hope this helps!
Guest Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:32:55 AM(UTC)

Can you please provide me with a D code for root canal
courtneydsnow Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2016 11:55:27 AM(UTC)

Hi guest!

Root canal does not have a direct crosscode we are aware of, so you can either bill the "D" code on the medical claim (many insurers these days will process "D" codes when they are medically necessary services), or you can try the CPT code below and include a narrative report describing the procedure:
41899 - Unlisted procedure, dentoalveolar structures

Let me know if you need any help locating the appropriate ICD-10 accident code!
Guest Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2016 9:33:06 AM(UTC)

I need to submit for a root canal due to an accident to medical. Can you please tell me the medical code for a root canal