DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
MIU MEDICAL BILLING Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 3:32:42 PM(UTC)

Cross-coding: Not always necessary, depends on your specific medical plan. Contact Cigna to confirm.
Payment order: Typically, medical pays first for medically necessary procedures like anesthesia.
Pre-authorization: Yes, you can often get pre-authorization, but it depends on your dental office and insurance policy. Call both to clarify.
Remember, insurance policies can vary, so it's crucial to confirm specifics with Cigna and BCBS.
Guest Posted: Monday, November 20, 2023 10:22:44 PM(UTC)

Having the same issue with the same two insurances
Guest Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2023 6:43:31 PM(UTC)

Hi, my dentist office gave me a quote for wisdom tooth removal (D7230,D7240) with anesthesia (D9222,D9223,D9219) and other shots while I'm under (D9612). They said they would submit the claim to both dental (Cigna) and medical (BCBS) after the procedure. Do they need to cross code the anesthesia and D9612 codes before sending to medical? And does medical typically pay first then dental? I found other threads on here for the cross codes already (tvym!)

Also, they said they wouldn't know what is covered and how much until after the procedure is completed. Is it possible to get per-authorization from insurance or does that vary depending on the dental office and insurance?