DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
courtneydsnow Posted: Friday, March 17, 2023 4:19:19 PM(UTC)

Hi Lauren Hunte!

My suggestion is always to bill the services as they happen. Especially considering that some medical insurers have shorter timely filing limits than others, it is important to get that claim out as soon as possible after the services are rendered. Also, the smaller dollar amount on the claim, the less eyes on it!

Of course there is also always the chance the patient will disappear on you, and you don't want those services to fall through cracks and not get billed out, or billed out too late.

Hope this helps!
Lauren Hunte Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 2:29:45 PM(UTC)

Hello,

We have a patient that is in the midst of reconstruction after looing her front teeth in a fall. This process has included 1) a temporary bridge that was placed after the extractions to both hold the space for impkant restorations and protect 7 & 10 which were fractured but restorable; and 2) provisional implant crowns that are being placed to allow the tissue to heal/fill-in before final restorations are placed.

My question is this: Is it better to wait till the final restorations are done and bill all of the services in the case in one claim or to submit the temporaries as we go along? I am afraid of possibly having the final restorations denied if the provisionals are covered.

Thank you!!