DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
courtneydsnow Posted: Thursday, June 9, 2022 9:17:07 AM(UTC)

Hi Guest!

D4266 - guided tissue regeneration - resorbable barrier, per site

This code listed above does not have a direct crosscodes we are aware of - so you can either bill the "D" code on the medical claim (many insurers these days will process "D" codes when they are medically necessary services), or you can use the CPT code below and include a narrative report describing the procedure:
41899 - Unlisted procedure, dentoalveolar structures

Hope this helps!
Guest Posted: Thursday, June 9, 2022 9:11:52 AM(UTC)

Good morning.

What would be the medical CPT code for D4266?

Thank you.
Guest Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2022 8:14:25 PM(UTC)

Thank you very much!!!
courtneydsnow Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2022 9:38:24 AM(UTC)

Hi Guest!

Great question. Crowns & abutments are not typically covered by medical insurance, except under special circumstances where they are considered medically necessary, for example, if they are needed due to an accidental injury case.

If it is a situation like that, you would typically want to file these services to medical before attempting anything on the dental side.

Crowns & abutments do not have a direct crosscode, so you can either bill the "D" code on the medical claim (many insurers these days will process "D" codes when they are medically necessary services), or you can use the CPT code below and include a narrative report describing the procedure:
41899 - Unlisted procedure, dentoalveolar structures

Hope this helps!
Guest Posted: Tuesday, May 3, 2022 1:49:19 PM(UTC)

Hi Courtney,

I asked this question about a month ago so I thought I would ask again.

You helped me a lot last summer in submitting codes to my medical provider. They finally paid. Thank you!

I now need a crown and a custom abutment. Looks like my dental will pay a portion. Can I submit the rest to my medical which is Blue Shield of Califoria?

Codes are:
06059 for Abut Sup Crown - Porc/Hi | Cost $1,552.00 - Dental ins will pay $1,051.00
06057 for Custom abutment | Cost $572.00 - Dental ins will pay $400

Out of pocket for me is approx $672.00 and that is what I am wondering if I can bill to medical insurance.

Thank you!