DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
How to Find Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2022 6:33:57 AM(UTC)

Message was deleted by a Moderator. | Reason: Not specified
Guest Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2022 5:15:08 AM(UTC)

Guest Posted: Monday, March 28, 2022 7:15:57 AM(UTC)

Guest Posted: Monday, March 28, 2022 3:33:53 AM(UTC)

courtneydsnow Posted: Friday, January 28, 2022 5:32:11 PM(UTC)

Hi Guest!

Great news is there is a good way to indicate tooth numbers on the medical claim form. You do this by using the "JP" qualifier in the supplemental information area on the line item.

In the NUCC's claim form manual, there is an excellent example of this found on page 48, here is the link to the current manual:
https://nucc.org/images/stories/PDF/1500_claim_form_instruction_manual_2021_07-v9.pdf

And yes, the fee you would submit would be the total for all extraction indicate on that line item.

Hope this helps!
Guest Posted: Monday, January 24, 2022 7:12:32 PM(UTC)

I've been trying to figure out how to submit multiple extractions (D7230) to our patient's medical carrier as Delta Dental wants a denial before they'll consider paying. Code 41899 doesn't allow for a tooth # and I have no idea where to indicate teeth #s on the CMS 1500 claim. I've read that I should submit 41899 just once but does that mean that the fee I submit is the total of all the extractions?