DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
courtneydsnow Posted: Thursday, March 6, 2014 5:16:20 PM(UTC)

Hi Guest!

No problem - the templates function is still available as well!

If you just want to set up fresh claim templates, you can go ahead and open a new claim in dentalwriter, enter the diagnosis/treatment codes you want to appear on the template, and then click the bullseye button located at the top of the claim form. A window will appear asking you to name the template (for the first template you create). After that, anytime you click the bullseye button a "save as template" window will appear that shows your list of template you have saved, and allows you to create a new one, overwrite an existing one, or delete templates!

However, your claim form templates should have carried over during the update - please feel free to e-mail us at support@dentalwriter.com if you would like us to take a look!
Guest Posted: Thursday, March 6, 2014 4:27:07 PM(UTC)

Courtney - This is not for "quick letters"? I set up a template for actual claims. Normally when we click on the bulls-eye at the top of the screen we were able to make a template for example NTI. This would have the CPT code and one ICD code, so it was just a click of a button to make a claim. I had a list of all the medical services that we do at our office and they are all gone now? I would like to recreate but it does not allow me to do this?
courtneydsnow Posted: Thursday, March 6, 2014 8:23:48 AM(UTC)

Hi Guest!

Yes - creating custom QuickLetter templates is still available! From your patient's chart:

- click on the "QuickLetters" tab

- select the letter you wish to customize (or, you can select the "Empty Custom Quickletter" option under the "Custom QuickLetters" category to start with a fresh template!)

- when you have your desired template from the list on the left selected, click the "Customize" button on the right hand side of the screen

- First, as you mentioned, a window will appear where you can enter the name and description of your custom template. Whatever you enter here is how your new custom QuickLetter will appear on your list of QuickLetters to select.

- Now next, after you are done entering your description and click the "ok" button, microsoft word will open and a prompt will appear that says "Modify this template then save your changes". Click ok, make your changes/edits right into the template (you will notice merge fields that are not populated with contact/patient data....this is a template instead of a word document!), and click save before you exit out of the template.

- Now, your new custom template will appear in your "Custom QuickLetters" catergory in your list of QuickLetters for every patient in your DentalWriter!! You can now select the Custom QuickLetter is any patient chart and then click the "Create Letter Now" button to generate a QuickLetter using your new custom template.

Also - we hosted a wonderful study group that covers the ins and outs of really personalizing and customizing your QuickLetter Templates! You can watch the recording in the DentalWriter Help Center! From the main screen of your DentalWriter:

- choose your "Help/Training" menu
- Select "DentalWriter Help Center"
- The Help Center will load in your web browser. Select the blue tab labeled "Webinars and Study Groups", then the third blue bubble labeled "watch webinars and study groups", then the folder labeled "Study Group Recorded Sessions". We have tons of training in there for your perusal, but you will find the session labeled "NPM Study Group 1-14-14 - Customizing your QuickLetters".

Now - as far as your templates missing after your update - it is possible they were moved to another folder location and still exist - please feel free to contact us and we are happy to help you out and take a look!
Guest Posted: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 9:27:30 PM(UTC)

I did my CSM Update today on our computers and all of our templates were erased. I tried to create a new one and it does not allow me to do anything but put in a description. Is this still something we can utilize? If so, how?