DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
courtneydsnow Posted: Friday, May 24, 2019 9:48:13 AM(UTC)

Hi Guest!

It sounds like the insurer is likely referencing a gap exception request, or out of network exception request. This is a request to the medical insurer to allow the patient to utilize their in-network benefits at your practice as an out of network provider (because typically HMO plan only have in-network benefits available). Typically medical insurers will approve these requests if there is not already another practice within a "reasonable distance" who is in-network who can provide the service. The reasonable distance is typically set between about 30-40 miles - but could be higher or lower depending on your region and the insurer.

If you have the DentalWriter software, there is a sample gap exception request you can use the QuickLetter templates in any patient chart.

Hope this helps!

Guest Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2019 11:05:56 AM(UTC)

So I attended your course in NY a few weeks ago and I am trying to get our first pre-auth... when I called the insurance company they told me because her policy is an HMO policy and we need to do something else... do you know what we need to do.