DentalWriter Forum

Your central resource for DentalWriter posts, blogs, training resources, faq's, and more.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags Check Spelling
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
courtneydsnow Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 9:27:39 AM(UTC)

Hi stoneridgedentalaz & Guest!

No problem - not much has changed with regards to AM repositioners for treatment of OSA with a custom made mandibular advancement appliance.

As for the AM repositioner – there is not a specific CPT/HCPCS code to represent AM repositioners, so you would end up using a misc/unlisted/by report type code. Heads up – medical insurers do not typically reimburse for these as they are not considered medically necessary.
So, if you are going to bill them out, the most common code we see used is:

99070 - Supplies and materials (except spectacles), provided by the physician or other qualified health care professional over and above those usually included with the office visit or other services rendered (list drugs, trays, supplies, or materials provided)

Hope this helps!
Guest Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 11:02:23 AM(UTC)

Any update for this? I am wondering as well..
stoneridgedentalaz Posted: Friday, January 31, 2020 8:08:21 AM(UTC)

This question is 7 years old and I would like an update.

In 2020 is there a code for the AM positioner?

We include a basic thermoplastic with every device but I would like to offer a custom hard acrylic for those patients who what it. Is there a code for most insurances?

What about with Medicare, I know that they bundle everything, however, is there a way to have the patient pay out of pocket for the upgraded AM positioner if they want it.

Thank you in advance.
courtneydsnow Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 4:23:51 PM(UTC)

Hi Karin!

Since there is no specific CPT code for an AM positioner, this is generally coded as

99070 - supplies/materials provided above and beyond that of a normal office visit

Including a narrative letter explaining what the AM position is used for is recommended.

Hope this helps!
drvarland Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 12:48:29 PM(UTC)

Hello, Could you please let me know what code we can use for a patient with whom we gave an AM positioner to so he could use it after his oral sleep appliance is taken out in the morning.

Thank you,

Karin